No one cares how much you know, till they know how much you care!!
“I know there’s work to do, but someone else will do it. Who cares if I pitch in; it always gets done anyway. Right?”
The truth is, some folks don’t care about anything. They rarely get involved or pull their own weight. They’re not informed, they have no work ethic, no sense of pride, and they invest just enough effort to squeak by. In fact, they’re apathetic about most things in life. You could say they’re among the living dead.
Some may ask, who cares if I’m apathetic? I’m not hurting anyone. But that’s not really true. They’re depriving themselves of the feeling of satisfaction that comes with caring; they’re cheating themselves of the thrill of accomplishing something difficult; and they’re robbing themselves of knowing that they’ve made a difference.
They’re depriving themselves of the feeling of satisfaction that comes with caring; they’re cheating themselves of the thrill of accomplishing something difficult; and they’re robbing themselves of knowing that they’ve made a difference.
So who cares if you lead or follow, win or lose, or ever try your best? You should! Even if you have all the talent in the world, you’re never going to amount to anything if you don’t apply yourself. As Jimmy Buffett said, “Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don’t know and I don’t care.”
- What’s turning you off? Is your apathy an isolated event or does it permeate many areas of your life? Is someone discouraging you or are you holding yourself back? Are you afraid of leaving your comfort zone? If you’re in a rut, climb out.
- Find your passion. “Force” yourself to find an interest. Get involved by making a small commitment. Volunteer. Assume a leadership role. After getting your feet wet and collecting a few small wins, jump in with both feet.
- Be informed. If you want to earn the respect of others, it’s important to remain informed. As the saying goes, “Try being informed instead of just opinionated.”
- Pay your dues. Manage your expectations. It takes many years to become an overnight success. Find ways to improve yourself every day.
- Attitude matters. A positive attitude can make all the difference. See the glass as half full. Believe in your ability to make a difference.
It’s Never Too Late to Care click to read more
P.S. Do you want to make a difference in the world?
Do you Feel a Calling to Help Others Live a Purposeful and Fulfilling Life?
Discover How to Turn your Passion into a Richly Rewarding and Fulfilling Career!