Your challenge is to be different.
We all know that unless we show customers what makes us different, there is little reason for them to buy from us.
Here are 6 ways you can do just that.
- Start with yourself. Your competitors can’t sell you; only you can do that. The customer does not only care about the product, you bring value to the situation.
Stand apart, get to know them, be pro-active.Allow your personality to come through in way you demonstrate commitment and passion for serving them.
- Focus on the customer’s solution. Customers care only about themselves. Showing them the standard materials of product features is simply not what the customer wants to hear or see.
Reach into their world and look at things through their eyes.
- Allow the customer to see solutions they didn’t think were possible. Customers come into the buying process with a pre-determined set of expectations. By doing 1 and 2 listed above, you can help them see what they didn’t realize was possible.
Remember, they’ll only get to this point when they first believe in you, and that’s why it’s so important that you begin with believing in yourself.
- View what you sell as an investment the customer is making rather than a purchase. This will help the customer grasp what you have to offer. When focused on helping them make an investment, we shift our thinking to the return on investment rather than product features.
Remember why you purchased them for yourself.
- Sell not only to the decision maker, but also to the one who is going to benefit from what you’re selling. Don’t focus on closing a sale quickly, put some of your focus on those who will benefit. They will value it far more than the decision maker.
- Don’t use comparisons. If what you are selling is unique and special, why would you compare it to anything else? Simply make sure that you don’t bring it up in anything you say or show to the customer.
Differentiate yourself and what you sell by creating true value with the customer and you can sell anything at any price.
Start with yourself and go be strong today.