This article was posted on Inc.com, and as I was reading I had a few points that I disagreed on. Here is why and maybe, or maybe not, you will agree with me. It starts off by saying not everyone is willing to do the hard work and the smart work to get there, because they get distracted, they miss them or give up on them before things fully develop. That I do agree on.
Truly successful people don’t leave much to chance. They are disciplined and focused. They constantly seek new methods to achieve more, in bigger and faster ways. I agree with this also, when you lay it out as a goal and have a clear vision of that goal, then you WILL achieve it. Follow some of these successful people.
Here are eight different practices that they say will help you concentrate your efforts. See if you agree or not.
1. Make Materialism Irrelevant: Fancy cars and houses are all well and good, but many foolishly focus on the byproducts of success, rather than concentrating on building sustainable success in the first place. Establish a bare minimum for your material needs, and then you can enjoy the benefits of success.
In my business I disagree to a point. We set goals and dream big, what is it that you truly want? Can you see it, dream it? If you put it in a way to truly express what your aim is, go for the fancy houses and cars. What will make you happy, and then put into place the needs to get you there. We teach you how to set your goals and know why you are working hard. This will bring you more success than you can imagine.
2. Enhance Knowledge: Success comes faster to those who are open, active learners. The higher up the success ladder you climb, the more complex the systems and opportunities that are presented to you. Absorb all the information you can and if you sense a gap you can’t fill, connect with people who have the knowledge you need.
I agree fully, grab all the information you can and act on it. The key is to ACT on it.
3. Manage Relationship Expectations: People in your life require time. Successful individuals attract folk and so they have to carefully regulate the time they can spend with others. It’s hard to limit the time you share and still make people feel important. Make choices about the people who matter to you and determine how you each can get value from your interactions. Make sure they understand your limitations so they don’t take it personally when you can’t be present.
I agree totally on this one. You need to interact and lead, but down time and personal time is needed by all.
4. Practice Emotional self-awareness: Not all successful people are calm and nice. Many can be volatile. Yet they know how to use their emotions to get what they want and work hard to make sure feelings don’t become a detriment.
I agree stay away from negative people. Focus on the positive. My leaders are the happiest people I have ever come across. We all enjoy doing what we do.
5. Commit to Physical Ideal: Everyone has a vision of their own perfect body. You don’t have to be fashion models or athletes to be happy. But if physical health gets out of whack it can be a distraction. Set a game plan to achieve and maintain it.
Agree again. Maintaining your health keeps your attitude in check.
6. Gain Clarity about Spirituality: Highly successful people like Richard Bronson and Warren Buffet who don’t consider religion to be important or relevant. But they have a clear point of view as to the role it plays in their life. Find your own ways to be at one with the universe and be clear and deliberate in how you practice.
7. Adhere to a Code of Ethics: Really successful people live by rules. They may not be the rules of others, but consistency is important for them to maintain power and stability. Their individual view of how the world works is the basis for how they believe people should be treated and they will defend it until their dying day. Determine your ethical line and broadcast them loud and clear so people around you know where you stand.
Agree, Setting out to what you want in life and staying consistent and confident will get you a long way.
8. Focus on Time Efficiency: Prioritization is key component of success. You can’t reach your pinnacle if you are wasting time on distractions. Integration of activities frees up time for greater Achievement. Really successful people live their lives by design instead of default, so if you want to be one of they dedicate time and effort into determining your plan.
I can help you learn how to develop your plan, If you like this post, then click here, sign up, hit Submit, then watch the videos to follow and never miss out of being the most successful person you can be.