Do you manage a blog? Is it for a company or personal? Either way I bet you spend hours and hours trying to get it all done and done correctly. It can be extremely tedious and time-consuming. Most of all trying to find something to write about can be the most frustrating and difficult. You want it to be attractive, interesting, informative, and easy to read. In this market and with all the social media sites to go to, who is your audience, who is it that you are trying to reach?
That is the questions every blogger is trying to answer. If you do a search and look for how to blog, you will probably find a lot of resources, you will find YouTube videos, you will find info ads, analytic sites, and so much more that will blow your mind. Still you are left with the question, where do I start and what do I write about today? Wouldn’t it be great to be able to just sit down and write about the first thing that comes into your head? Yeah, but then the question is who is going to want to read what you are thinking? That is just like talking without purpose.
So now I am going to give you my point of view, and some of the tips that I am learning.
- • Set Goals! Yeah I know, that is what everyone says, but it is very important if you are going to succeed. Learn how to get good at that and you will go far in whatever you are doing.
- • Check out analytic sites. Great places to find more than just inspiration for content. There are traffic patterns, keywords, and landing pages. These let you see what other articles are performing best, and what people are reading. It shows their interests, likes, etc. Do you need in-depth information? When and how do I use videos, photos and graphics? What audiences are looking at what, and how do I compete or replicate this success?
- • Look for an audience that you want to communicate with. You need a target, your niche as they say. Check out as many social engagement sites as you can. Your blog will perform better when you get to know how each site interacts. When you know which blog post works on which site, then you can put your focus on that. Just t to name a few, there is Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Instagram, StumbleUpon, and now there is one called “Justunfollow”.
- • Using keywords, topics, and industry terms will help reach your audience. Look at sites like Screaming Frog, Buzzsumo, and Google Analytics. They are great tools to help identify what will perform best.
- • Just use search engines. Just start typing in words and see what they come up with. They will try to predict what you are looking for from know what others have been looking for. Another network is Quora, this one actually lets you ask questions and receive answers from other users. Use these to find out what people want to know and what they are looking for.
- • Don’t try to shotgun you content approach and hope something hits. If you want to build a large audience use specific strategies to get meaningful content. Resist the temptation to write about the first thing that comes to your mind, unless that is what your blog is and you do not worry about who is reading it.
Now I have a couple of questions for you? Do you have a blog for business or personal? Do you like to write for enjoyment or to make a lot of money?
If you liked this blog, and want to learn more, or how to use some of the things I talked about in the article. Click here and my team and I will get you started on a new road.