I wanted to share some pointer with you today. Getting a business up and running can be quite a challenge, even if it just a simple one from home. I have been in the business world for quite a while now, not divulging my age, but I know how the back office works and all the paperwork that goes into play.
It’s great if you have accountants, receptionists, secretaries, but if it’s just your business and you seem to do most of it from home at your kitchen table, then there are a few more things you need to be aware of. I thought it would help me so I am passing it along to you.
If you have your own business, or deciding to set up one, here are few pointers so you don’t set yourself up for failure!
- Treat it like a real business. Think about this; if you open up a store front and only have your doors open when you feel like it, how many people do you think will come by or know when you are open? What you give it what you get! Are you giving 100%, commitment and persistence is the key.
- Be prepared to invest. There are three things to this category. A. This means that you need to put in some TIME (sweat = equity) B. Money, Yes to truly be successful you need to put some capital into it. This will allow you to have shortcuts, and will get you there quicker. C. Yourself as a person. Live your business, this goes hand and hand with personal achievement.
- This can be the biggest STOP taking advice from people who are not qualified to give it. Block them out! Read books from the top producers, and pay others for good advice.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people. You need to go to events to meet and mingle. Realizing the most people don’t understand yet wonder why. Use social media. Get into mastermind groups and follow leaders on Facebook and twitter. Get your positive energy from associating yourself with successful people.
- Stop making excuses. There is no such thing as CAN’T, there is only WON’T! The only difference between an employee and an Entrepreneur is MINDSET! Excuses just fuel procrastination. It can kill any success. You must commit to holding yourself accountable. “Losers make excuses, Winners find solutions”.
- Take ACTION! Don’t wait until things are perfect to make your move. Acquiring knowledge, turning knowledge into skill and then taking action with the skill will equal results. “Successful people are prepared to do what unsuccessful people are not”
- Accept that this is a never ending process. NEVER stop learning, never stop growing. Be prepared to evolve with the change or you get left behind. Keep improving your knowledge and skill set, also your attitude and mindset. Share your knowledge, it will allow you to grow and possible help others also.
- Don’t give up and you will success.
If you liked these pointers and want to learn more about running your own business and learning how to make money online then click here for more information.
Stay tuned for more interesting pointers.