A vision can make or break your business.
If you are in business, one of the first things you need to do is to make a vision and mission statement to set you up for what it is that you do.
Am I right? In one of my other posts I talked about “The Science of Thinking Big” now I want you to get creative.
Do you have a vision or a goal? Some can get this mixed up, think the wrong way, then wonder why it’s not working.
I didn’t realize the difference either when I set my goals and vision board. So what I am going to give you today is a breakdown on what a true vision is!
…..A vision is something that gets you up and awake,
…..a vision makes you feel good,
…..a vision is something that you are obsessed by
…. Something that you broadcast from your soul.
…. Something you think about all the time, and makes you happy
…. Something you can have for their own
…it is one that gets people moving
….. it is your story to share with others
It’s not goal, but a passion. Everyone has a passion of some sort.
Here are a few statements that can help you…
“ I earn an excellent income doing what satisfies me. I know I can be as successful as I make up my mind to be.”
Make up your mind. Pull from inside of you where you want to go and who you want to influence. When your passion takes over then your vision comes alive.
When you read Brendon Burchard’s book “The Millionaire Mindset” you get to answer this question that people ask: (find a link for it in my post “The Secrets Of A Successful Library)
“ How did you get where you are? YOU say “ I believed. And I began!”
Make your vision a true belief
The definition of a goal is:
1. the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.
2. the terminal point in a race.
3. a pole, line, or other marker by which such a point is indicated.
4. an area, basket, cage, or other object or structure toward or into which players of various games attempt to throw, carry, kick, hit, or drive a ball, puck, etc., to score a point or points.
5. the act of throwing, carrying, kicking, driving, etc., a ball or puck into such an area or object.
6. the score made by this act.
A goal in an Entrepreneurial Business is the end of an achievement, an object obtained, a success overcome.
I want a new house
I want a million bucks
I want to quit my job
I want to teach others
I want more freedom
I want more clients
I want more to buy from me.
But a vision, now that is something bigger. Can you see the difference now?
A vision is:
1. the act or power of sensing with the eyes; sight.
2. the act or power of anticipating that which will or may come to be:
prophetic vision; the vision of an entrepreneur.
3. an experience in which a personage, thing, or event appears vividly or credibly to the mind, although not actually present, often under the influence of a divine or other agency:
a heavenly messenger appearing in a vision.
Compare hallucination (def 1).
4. something seen or otherwise perceived during such an experience:
The vision revealed its message.
5. a vivid, imaginative conception or anticipation:
visions of wealth and glory.
6. something seen; an object of sight.
7. a scene, person, etc., of extraordinary beauty:
The sky was a vision of red and pink.
Where is your burning desire? Will it make or break your business?
Here is something to think about:
I have heard this a few times before and it never really sunk in till recently. Who are your closest friends? What do they do? Where do they go? How do they talk?
When you realize that you are just like them, is that really where you want to be?
Our nine closest friends can be our biggest influences. So surround yourself with people who talk about visions and ideas, not other people.
Now that you know how a vision can make or break your business I want to invite you into my circle of influence to expand on yourself and make your true vision come true.
Other posts of interest